Re: [tlug] Tool for compare Linux and BSD distros

On 02/07/07, Nguyen Vu Hung <vuhung16plus@example.com> wrote:

On 7/2/07, Mattia Dongili <malattia@example.com> wrote:

> on the topic this is quite interesting as well:
> http://bhami.com/rosetta.html

Nice link.

It just compare configurations between distros, flavors ... but
unfornately, doesn't tell us which is worse, better ...

That's because "better and worse" are subjective decisions. The idea is to provide enough information so the prospective buyer can make his subjective decision an informed one.

It is just like buying a car; maybe I want a sports car, so a Honda
Civic SI would better serve my needs than a Ford Expedition. But maybe
you hate humanity and want to bring about the end of the planet's
ability to sustain life; in which case the Expedition would be the
clearly better choice for you.

But both of us are well-served by a site that simply lists as much
technical information as possible about cars in general.

--
Cheers,
Josh