Re: [tlug] iptables - Tools for easy configuration

On 7/2/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

But that is why I think Pietro's topic is ideal for a Lightning talk.
You can explain the basics of iptables / netfilter in five minutes,
and demo a basic firewall in another five.

I'm sorry Josh but I really don't know that kind of tools. I was using in the past Shorewall (uninstalled it...) The old Mandrake Firewall (I threw the CD to the trash can...) And some other tools... At the end I continued to use only iptables. Some clients need a firewall for easy configuration, in that case just googling and then setup the one that seems easiest to deal with...

* Your distro may make this harder than Gentoo does. Consider
switching to a hacker's Linux! ;)

/etc and some graphic toys make the difference... Linux the same and beyond our geek feelings it is a tool, only that. How the "owner" of the tool use it make the difference. I think we have completely different points of view. Anyway the important think is that it works at the end.

      -Pietro

-- - Pietro Zuco (ピエトロ・ズコ) - - pietro@example.com - Home page: http://www.zuco.org - Photo Blog: http://photo.zuco.org - Linux User: 252836