RE: [tlug] Irfanview Via Wine

 On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 12:28:55 +0900,
 "Lyle H Saxon" <llletters@example.com> wrote
 in <ea4e853e0706302028r6c80fe6ble4fc863a362e6f4@example.com>:

<snip>
> Has anyone in the group had success in installing Irfanview
> (freeware photo viewing and editing software) on Linux via
> Wine?  I have (on and > off) attempted installing one W-based
application or another
> with Wine, and usually had disappointing results.  Yesterday
<snip>
> but I can't even begin the
> installation process with Irfanview.

The easiest option I have seen is to install it on a Windows
box, and copy the entire directory over.  I carry my copy
around on a thumb drive.  Use wine to execute it.  In my
experience, it works for a little while, then needs to be
closed and restarted again. Looks like resource issues to me.

For those who have asked IrfanView is a light weight image
Viewer with a few nice image manipulation features.  You can
rotate, adjust lighting, adjust color depth, resize and crop
images.

There are a few other things as well, but that covers what I
generally use it for.  :)

It's negative behavior is most likely caused by differences
between how Wine and actual Win32 handle memory management.

--
Ken