Re: [tlug] fuse-python strikes back

On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 09:15:15PM +0900, Josh Glover wrote:
> On 30/06/07, Mattia Dongili <malattia@example.com> wrote:
>
> >My first test would be to downgrade to the previous (pre-new-API)
> >fuse-python release.
>
> Good call.
>
> >The last gmailfs release dates earlier than the new API and the
> >compatibility ack in fuse-python might not be that accurate...
>
> Yeah. I did try setting the magic compat environment variable you fed
> me last time, but that did not help beyond allowing flickrfs to kinda
> work.

that's definitely it. gmailfs simply doesn't work with the new
fuse-python bindings. Funny thing is that I can't find the old sources
of fuse-python on sourceforge...

> >Other than that I don't know, can't test the gentoo packages :)
>
> Can you test building this stuff "from source"? That is another thing

from source????? Hey, I'm using a _binary_ distribution, ever heard of
it? :)

> I need to try, just making sure these Python scripts work outside the
> Gentoo framework. (I would assume so, but I need to check all
> assumptions.)

ok, I did it (despite the above) and basically the new fuse-python seems
to be incompatible even with that environment trick.
Actually I only tried gmailfs as I don't have a flickr account and I'm
too lazy to get one, but I wouldn't expect exciting news if I had.
With the old bindings gmailfs works.

cheers
--
mattia