Re: [tlug] VLAN configuration on Debian

Just to acknowledge the kind help of Stephen Lee and Stephen Turnbull on my query regarding VLAN.

Apparently this is something that the sysadmin is going to have to hand-configure, and not something that I'll just be able to hack through. I gave them a bit of an ultimatum, letting them know that if they don't resolve it, I'm going to noisily pack up and move elsewhere and this seems to be jolting the right people into action.

The installation of this Alcatel/Java VLAN in our university network is in general not going well. Even people who use XP are having a lot of trouble getting connected, while Vista, Mac, and Linux (a minority of one) users are currently out in the cold. No way to run a network as far as I am concerned.

Regards,

Chuck

--

Charles Muller