Re: [tlug] Linux on Sun Fire X4600

We're in the process of changing our servers at the lab I work in and
it's been decided that our next simulation machine will be a Sun Fire
X4600. I would like to know if anyone has had any experience
installing and administering Linux on it, especially if it's not SuSe
or Red Hat.

I cannot help you directly. However, if you contact Sun you may be able to get some time in their lab to do some test installs and what not. Around 18 months ago I was working on a project where the X4100 and X4200 series were considered as an option. Unfortunately at the time they were not available in Japan. I was told I would have to wait around 3 months before I could come in and test them.

In the end I got some time in the Dell test lab. We went with them...

Regards, Keith