Re: [tlug] Vim users, help me get my syntax highlighting working, please?

On 6/28/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
On 28/06/07, John Mettraux <jmettraux@example.com> wrote:

> On 6/28/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
>
> > I use green-on-black terminals, and by default, the Vim syntax
> > highlighting colours comments dark blue, which is basically unreadable
> > on a black background.
>
> jmettraux@example.com:~$ cat  .vimrc
> set shiftwidth=4
> set expandtab
> set showmatch
> set vb
> syntax on

Is the "set vb" supposed to set me up for a dark background or
something? I tried what you proposed, even though I could not see how
it did what I wanted, and it changed nothing.

Ah sorry Josh,

I should have read more carefully your post. This is the setting I
have out of the box, I just copy that file and I rather adapted to it
than the other way around. Just for getting in a box, copying that
tiny file, making sure that "set -o vi" and be operational. I'm quite
happy with the comments in blue.

Sorry again, I'm sure someone will come up with a decent answer.

Cheers,

John