Re: [tlug] Desktop Wars Query

On Tuesday 26 June 2007 23:37, burlingk@example.com wrote:
>Maybe I am missing something.  What does a pager do?

I think that different pagers do slightly different things. The one that
comes with AfterStep does several things:

It controls how many virtual desktops there are.
It controls the size of each virtual desktop.
It shows a miniature view of the applications on the desktops.
It provides easy switching between desktops, using the mouse.
It makes it easy to move applications from one desktop to another.

The pager might do more than that, but that is what i use it for. Most
useful to me is controlling the size of each virtual desktop and
providing a visual overview of what applications are running and where
they are located.