Re: [tlug] Can't Change ownership of symlink

> Try becoming the user apache runs as, e.g. "www":
>
> This can't be good:
> dave@example.com:~$ su - www
> Unknown id: www

Maybe "su - apache" then? ("ps auxw | grep httpd" is one way to tell the
user apache runs as). (BTW if that user has no shell assigned in
/etc/passwd then it won't work for that reason.)

Did you check in Apache's error log? I've had exactly the same symlink
problem as you and I think there was some clue in the error log.

Darren