Re: [tlug] Can't Change ownership of symlink

Dave Gutteridge wrote:
TLUG,

I hope this message gets through. I've been having a little trouble
accessing the mailing list recently. If another message comes through with
roughly the same issues, then that's me from a different email address.
It got through ok. :)

So I turned to the command prompt, and listed the contents of /var/www, and my "web_sites" symlink is there: lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 2007-06-27 09:41 web_sites -> /home/dave/web_sites
Symbolic links behave differently than other files. Do man on chown to see more details. The safest way to change the ownership of that file is to remove the link and re-create it as the correct owner.

Steve S.