Re: [tlug] Desktop Wars Query

On Monday 25 June 2007 18:19, Josh Glover wrote:
>> AfterStep treats the desktop like Windows 3.x did; it displays icons
>> for minimized applications, but nothing from the filesystem.
>
>I've never quite understood what the benefit of icons is...

Yeah, i don't really understand it either. I keep a large enough virtual
desktop that i never need to minimize anything. It is much faster to
hit a key combination to move around within my desktop than it is to
click a minimized icon (or hit a number of key combinations to cycle
through the minimized icons).