How to Reply from Digest w/o Breaking Threads . . . . (was Re: [tlug] Re: Best to Leave the Titles Alone!)

Tobias Diedrich wrote:

> I believe you can split the mailman digest back into individual
> messages in a folder you can then reply to, as described here:
> http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/05/08/10280.html
> (But I didn't check if the digest includes all necessary header parts.
> At least the Message-Id should be there though...)

Although the "In-reply-to:" and "References:" headers are stripped
from the MIME digest, the "Message-ID:" header is preserved.
I wrote about that earlier, but it has not appeared back from the list
so maybe that email got lost. If it doesn't appear by tomorrow,
I'll repost it.

Working from the "Message-ID:" header seems to be sufficient to
preserve threads.

Jim