RE: [tlug] But why so excessively?! (was: "the philosophy of Subj.")

 On  Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:24:06 +0900
 "Roger Markus" <rogermarku@example.com> wrote
 in <ba683e620706240524g300c8ab1mee709178ad2673bb@example.com>:
> PS - Just to get in the spirit of things, I'll change the Subject of
> this message too - ala Jim's method.

Just a note.  This comment is not on the number of changes,
just on the method.

First (was: ) not [Was ] (This is not a big difference really.
Just being thurough).

Second,  This is the method I have seen on a number of mailing
lists over the last fifteen years.  His method is nothing new.
The only strange part is all the periods. ^^;;  I don't get all
the periods.  They are a bit strange, but nothing to get angry
about.

This is not so much a defense as a statement of experiences.
I've been using mailing lists since I was 14 or so, and the
conventions have been similar in most places.

The only big change I have seen is that as Microsoft becomes
more and more prominant in the industry, they make more and
more changes that make their mail clients unfriendly to this
sort of environment. ^^;