Re: [tlug] The guy with Panasonic in the nomikai (Intel Software for Core 2 duo processors)

On 6/24/07, Dave Brown <dagbrown@example.com> wrote:

It's okay, I have a very forgettable name.

I'm sorry I have a very bad memory... I'm getting old...

Wow, that does seem a touch on the excessive side.

But it's strange. The thermometer indicates 50C, then I check the temperature with a Panasonic tool that was already installed in the default Windows Vista installation and it indicates 51C. When I got the 70C in Linux I hard restart it and go to Windows as soon as possible, so the time between the two test was only 2 minutes. The temperature almost the same as the thermometer...

Something is wrong. The Panasonic tool, the thermometer, the kernel
indication? Maybe all three are wrong....

In winter it will be good to warm the futon. It's semirugged so I can
use it under my pillow :-)

The program you're looking for is "powertop"--more details at:

    http://www.linuxpowertop.org/

but if you're running Debian or a variant, you should be able to just
apt-get install powertop.

I'm using Slackware. I will try it. Thank you very much Dave!!!

Cheers.

-Pietro

-- - Pietro Zuco (ピエトロ・ズコ) - - pietro@example.com - Home page: http://www.zuco.org - Photo Blog: http://photo.zuco.org - Linux User: 252836