[tlug] Re: Quoting for Thread Breaking Digest Replies

Ken wrote:

>  On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 13:33:29 -0400,
>  Jim <jep200404@example.com> wrote
>  in <20070623133329.29eeca53.jep200404@example.com>:

Thanks. Your attribution is great!

> > In my own replies to thread breaking digest replies, I wish I had
> > restored the thread by adding the appropriate message IDs to the
> > "References:" header line.
>
> Unfortunately I am using an email client that is officially evil,
> and am not in a position to change it for a while still. If there
> is a "References:" line, it is not one I can get too.

Your email program is _not_ to blame in this situation.
I'm not aware of any email program that makes that easy.
_Manually_ adding messages IDs to the "References:" lines is hard,
so although it would be nice if you could restore the missing
message IDs into the "References:" line, I don't expect you to do so.
Broken threads are pretty much a fait accompli of replying to digests.
You've done as much as is reasonable for replying to a digest.

Relax.

> How was this for a proper reply, given my circumstances? ^_^

Great! Thanks!

Jim