[tlug] XEmacs and MMM-Mode: The Hack-tacular Saga Continues

I have solved a few more MMM-Mode problems, but this one still plagues me.

I like my code folded, and indent-mode does a good job of this (from a
user's perspective; SJT's hatred of the implementation
notwithstanding). But, as we know from a previous thread[1],
indent-mode and mmm-mode do not play nicely.

So I thought I'd be clever:

; Add code folding to Perl mode (but not in mmm-mode, due to hack-cakes) (add-hook 'cperl-mode-hook 'my-fold-hook) (remove-hook 'mmm-mason-submode-hook 'my-fold-hook)

But this does not work as expected. Nor does:

(remove-hook 'mmm-mode-hook 'my-fold-hook) (remove-hook 'mmm-major-mode-hook 'my-fold-hook)

I'm afraid I'll have to try something like the following example from the XEmacs Lisp Reference[2]:

(add-hook 'text-mode-hook
 (function (lambda ()
             (setq modeline-format
                   '(modeline-modified
                     "Emacs: %14b"
                     "  "
                     default-directory
                     " "
                     global-mode-string
                     "%[("
                     mode-name
                     minor-mode-alist
                     "%n"
                     modeline-process
                     ") %]---"

But I fear that.

Is there an easy way to accomplish what I want, namely just turning
indent-mode off for mmm-mode or mmm-mason-submode?

TIA,
Josh

[1] http://www.tlug.jp/ML/0706/msg00383.html
[2] http://www.xemacs.org/Documentation/21.5/html/lispref_34.html#SEC433