Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use

[Moving this discussion to Lingo]

On 20/06/07, Shawn <javajunkie@example.com> wrote:

I do not know Japanese linguistics even close to well enough at all to
know what is coming into play in the variance you cited.  All that is
certain is that identity can be one factor in linguistic variation.  I
speak this way, therefor I am a member of this group.

No, I think this is a very good point. I am sure there are identity issues at work, and they may well be implicitly counter-cultural.

--
Cheers,
Josh