Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use

Brett Robson wrote:
Bart Mathias wrote:

I am a bit relieved at your "ãåããã gave 26,000 hits." Not *too* scary, against ãåããã's 2,140,000.

Bart Mathias

I joined a few months ago at Jim Breens's suggestion when I couldn't figure out how to print the Japanese that showed up so clearly on screen.

e? What's Bart doing here? No problem of course, I haven't noticed you post here before and I had to check which list I was reading for a moment ;) Welcome to TLUG.

ãããåãããã is correct though isn't it?

Depends what you mean by "correct," Brett. It is absolutely correct in the language of the native speakers who say it, but I'll continue not to say it.

Is English "for you and I" correct? I have an emeritus friend who says
"for you and me" sounds bad. And Shakespeare used it. Meanwhile, I tend
to sing the chorus of the song "Hene Hene Ko Aka" incorrectly in my
`ukulele group (it having been written "Ka mea ma`a mau ia, For you and
I," "I" *has* to be correct. When I first heard that song in 1982 I
hoped it was Pidgin. I was wrong).