Re: [tlug] Linux Panasonic CF-W5 toughbook

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 08:04:10AM +0900, Pietro Zuco wrote:
> On 6/7/07, Hiroshi Miura <miurahr@example.com> wrote:
>
> >With this modules and settings, kernel controls power according to
> >cpu loads.
>
> I checked your indications.
> All that modules are loaded by default in Kubuntu.
> Anyway it get so hot. With Windows too, it get really hot. Maybe
> between Linux and Win there is only a couple degrees of difference.
> I googled a little bit and this computers disperse the warm by the
> chassis. I don't know it's true or not. I think I will contact with
> Panasonic. I can use it to fry an egg.

just to add some more bits to that you may want to check if the ubuntu
kernels have NO_HZ enabled in the kernel (if >=2.6.21).
And also install the powertop utility to get some hints on how to allow
deeper and longer C-states (eg: wifi-powersave mode, USB_SUSPEND. HPET
etc).

cheers
PS: wondering if I'll be able to prepare some slides about that for a
tech meeting sooner or later...
--
mattia
:wq!