Re: [tlug] Japanese digital TV

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 22:46:53 +0200, Marcus Metzler <mocm@example.com> wrote:

> They want to know if a hardware we are working on supports AAC in an
> MPEG transport stream (TS). I guess that this refers to a Japanese
> digital TV format (ISDB?).

AAC is basically MPEG4 audio. All your iTunes stuff and .mp4 video
contains AAC-encoded audio data.

> What does that have to do with Linux, you ask. Well, we are working on
> the Linux drivers for a HDTV hardware decoder and receiver. Hopefully
> it will be released this year, with most of the driver open source.

Perhaps you can look at this for some parts:

  http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

Reporter (to Mahatma Gandhi):
  "Mr. Gandhi, what do you think of Western civilisation?"
Gandhi:
  "I think it would be a good idea."