Re: [tlug] A question about XML

> Read and write is needed.  I prefer in this case things related
> to C and C++. ...

If the read/write are both primarily by your own software, and you are
comfortable with C++, you might also want to consider
Boost.Serialization (
http://www.boost.org/libs/serialization/doc/index.html ). It is very
easy to use, and I've been using it extensively. It can read/write in a
binary, a text and an XML format. The XML is basically just a more
human-readable view of the other formats however; it isn't intended for
general use (e.g. it wouldn't be good as a config file, as comments
would get lost the next time it is read and rewritten).

There still seems to be no Boost.XML library, so the choices seem to be
 libxml2 [1], Xerces [2] or expat [3]. (But up to now I've always used
PHP for serious XML work.)

Darren

[1]: http://xmlsoft.org/

[2]: http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/index.html