Re: [tlug] Linux on mac

On May 29, 2007, at 7:04 AM, Micheal Cooper wrote:

Do yourself a favor and download the trial version of Parallels first. Then install it in a virtual machine. It is more fun than a barrel full of monk sleeze. The Parallels docs have detailed instructions on installing Linux, and the installation helper pretty much walks you through it. The nice part is that you can use Linux alongside MacOSX and then install Linux with BootCamp later when you have settled on a distro.

And maybe you should set your decision which distribution you install not by how much you like one but by the most easiest how-to and I would suggest Parallels as well - except you desperately need 3d- support or hate Mac OS X a lot. It runs at over 90% native speed and setting up Linux on it is usually damn easy. I've never tried VMWare Fusion but if I was you I would try that as well (http:// www.vmware.com/products/beta/fusion/)

Niels