Re: [tlug] server installation best practices/ worksheet

On 2007/05/25, at 23:03, Sigurd Urdahl wrote:

Erin D. Hughes wrote:
My personal ones are pretty short but have always gotten me through.

This probably is a good demonstration on why it can be hard to find good BP/worksheets, what is a best practice on place is bad practice somewhere else.

True, but having a number of different opinions brought together in one place with their reasoning and contexts is a great resource for the practice of sysadmin. Theorizing, school, and distro docs don't compare to experience. As this thread grows, I am pulling together your recommendations into a single doc.

Thank you.