[tlug] [OT] engineering visa: advice and gotchas?

Hello TLUGgers,

sorry for the OT, but I find myself in the position of needing as
much information as possible.

Now, some of you already know it, I'm here on a tourist visa trying
to get a job. It looks like I'm being quite successful (got an offer
right today) but I need to fulfil a pre-requisite: making sure I'll get
a working visa.

So I know there's the "10 years rule" for people not having a university
degree like me and basically I need to understand what kind of
documentation I'll need to provide to the immigration to apply for that
rule.
Or has any of you had any previous experience with that, or know
somebody I could ask advice to (even a lawyer)?
Is it a difficult process?

Note also that I'll be going to the immigration tomorrow morning to ask
for more informations. I currently own the italian "Labour booklet"[1]
that demonstrates 9 years of my work as an employee and a signed
statement from the contractor I worked for for 1.5 years.

Apologies again for the tremendous OT.
For now I'll go out celebrating my first job offer in Japan!!
Cheers^W 乾杯!!

[1]: it's a government provided book that tracks all you employed
working history, it an official document that comes with stamps, signs
and dates from each employer.
--
mattia
:wq!