Re: [tlug] Need module dependence mapper

On Wed, 16 May 2007 11:32:39 +0900, Marcelo Martins <mhtmartins@example.com> wrote:

I've been doing some code refactoring in a project I'm working on and
after validating it with unit tests I believe I'll have finished it.
In the near future, I need to make a presentation describing what have
been done and why. What I would like to do is to generate graphs
showing module dependencies before and after my modifications. Does
anyone know if there is such tool for Linux? It needs to read source
code (C) or objects and provide the dependence map as output[1].

Source Navigator is an oldie but goodie

http://sourcenav.sourceforge.net/

It may not do everything you want, but it does make a few interactive graphs.

[1] http://blogs.zdnet.com/threatchaos/?p=311

FYI, those graphs looke like they were generated by graphviz.
So here are number of tools I just googled that might do what you want with Graphviz:

http://flourish.org/cinclude2dot/
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~smcpeak/scan-depends/
http://www.graphviz.org/Resources.php

I hope that helps.