Re: [tlug] TLUG

As far as I know it is impossible for a SOFA status person (US
Military) to get an Alien Registration card.  You are here in Japan on
a different set of rules from every else that normally would get an
Alien ID card.  Your CAC is your Alien ID card.

Now if you are planning on leaving the military then you should talk
to the Embassy about getting a visa of some sort.  Once you have a
non-SOFA status you can get the Alien Registration card.  You also
might want to talk to legal.

Pat