Re: [tlug] Japanese input into Java?

On 11/05/07, javajunkie <javajunkie@example.com> wrote:

> > I have a Java program (Zend Studio 5.5) that I want to be able to input > > Japanese text into.

>     With Eclipse I've been able to get this to work.  Perhaps it's
> Java application dependent ... ugh.

Yes I believe it is.

using -Duser.language=ja with eclipse works fine

with other java apps it, anthy runs fine and I can seem to input, but
after the final return to enter it after selecting which kanji, the app
just displays square boxes.

I got around the square box issue by ... hmmn memory fades.  I should
write things down like Josh G.  If you get stuck with square boxes for
input, please post again.  I can't remember if I changed the
font.properties file in jre/lib (or some such place)or installed a font
in linux or both.

Hmm.. Japanese input works fine on my system without any modifications, special variables or specific locales. Just tested the 2 Java programs I use and both worked fine. I'm on a standard Ubuntu 7.04 install (SCIM+anthy) under an en_GB.UTF-8 locale.

In other words, while passing locale settings to the programs should
work, it should also not be necessary.

Arwyn