Re: [tlug] the power of the live CD

On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 17:00 +0900, Edmund Edgar wrote:

> Yes, this works fine.
>
> You can configure your boot loader to boot your PC directly from the
> ISO image on your hard disk (I used Grub) or, if you've got enough
> RAM, you can boot the thing in a VM on top of a normal hard-disk-based
> install (I used Qemu).

This sounds very cool. I have enough RAM that I could do this in VM ware
as well. Excellent idea.

BTW a previous post mentioned the Sabayon distro- I just burned a DVD of
the latest release and tried it out. Remarkable stuff.

Thanks for all the kind help everyone. This is going to be fun. I love
Linux.

Cheers,
Scott VanDusen
Tokyo