Re: [tlug] the power of the live CD

On 5/10/07, Michael Engel <mkengel@example.com> wrote:
I also like the liveCD concept - what about a naked computer and you could
use any OS you want just by switching the CDs. How much RAM would you need
to run a "usual, installed" OS with the usual speed ?

There is a "cheat code"[1] option for Knoppix "toram". If you have shed loads of ram this is quite nice. I ran a web server for a few months like this for no particular reason :-)

Regards, Keith
[1] http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes