Re: [tlug] Micro-SD Card Throws Me A Curve Ball [SOLVED]

On 08/05/07, Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:

However, if I format the card on my Palm, it's FAT16, but somehow Feisty
doesn't like it as much. Even though I can mount it with pmount, when I
ran the command above, it said something along the lines of "partition
table not found".

That makes perfect sense. I know some PDAs and media players will format a media card as a superdisk FAT filesystem, with no partition table. That works as long as a device knows to expect a FAT filesystem encompassing the entire disk. I guess some aspect of the automounter hates that.

Good job experimenting until you found a workable solution!

-Josh