Re: [tlug] Hot Buntu

My only problem seems to be HEAT and a lot of it. The external monitor
hookup is so hot that you cant touch it for more than a second or 2 and
the bottom is also very warm as well. I looked and the packages for APM
and APMD are installed. But when I try to run them it tells me there is
no APM support in the kernel.

ACPI may be what you are looking for. Check your dmesg output to determine if ACPI is in use.

To check device support for ACPI you can use the acpi tools to check
(or dig through proc manually).

apt-get install acpi
acpi -V

Regards, Keith