[tlug] Hot Buntu

I was given a new Panasonic CF-R6 for work and since I had some free time and decided to split the disc and give the new Ubuntu Feisty Fawn a try. Ya the people who LENT me the laptop get a little mad if you wipe out windows completely.

Installation went smooth and I was up and running in no time.

My only problem seems to be HEAT and a lot of it. The external monitor hookup is so hot that you cant touch it for more than a second or 2 and the bottom is also very warm as well. I looked and the packages for APM and APMD are installed. But when I try to run them it tells me there is no APM support in the kernel.

Is there a different way I should be going about this? With all the features and other things that come turned on I would think that power management would be one. Just a thought.

E./

--
Erin D. Hughes GMO Internet,
Unix Administrator | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1038 (work)