RE: [tlug] Ubuntu gdm

The forums sugested to downgrade the xserver-xorg package. I installed
KDM and it worked fine after the crash

-----Original Message-----
From: tlug-bounces+phillip.tribble=gmail.com@example.com
[mailto:tlug-bounces+phillip.tribble=gmail.com@example.com On Behalf Of
Curt Sampson
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 6:44 PM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: [tlug] Ubuntu gdm

Is anybody out there fairly familiar with gdm running under Ubuntu? I'm
mucking about with various configurations of Xvnc servers (local and
remote, vnc4 and tightvnc) and though I've had bits of success here and
there, in all cases I keep running into situations where gdm won't give
me a login window. Frequently, this manifests itself as an attachment to
a server that seems to be running all right, but I get only a stopwatch
cursor and no windows. (As opposed to the X cursor I get when the server
is trying to talk to a host that isn't responding to XDMCP.)

I will definitely be happy to buy beer for anybody who can explain to me
what's going on here.

cjs