Re: [tlug] Dmesg and CPU Information

On Mon, 7 May 2007 16:04:51 +0900 (JST)
Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

> You'll note in particular that NetBSD is giving you more information
> (in a more compact format) useful to build a mental model of how the
> architecture is going to affect performance (Linux leaves out the cache
> associativity and the translation lookaside buffer information), as well
> as a much more readable CPU capability printout (very useful if you're
> wondering, for example, what kind of virtualization your CPU supports).

I'm sorry to say this, but you are showing sure signs
of what i call not-my-unix-sickness. It's amazing what
degree of inflexibility people can show when they have
to switch from Linux to BSD to Solaris (or in any other
direction for that matter). Just because something is
presented in a little bit different manner, with a little
bit more info here, but less there, it's imediatly becoming
bad bad bad.
Please don't complain that something is not the same as
you were used on your unix, but try to understand that
decissions on the same questions where made differently
and thus the outcome looks different, but does essentialy
the same. Otherwise you will not get very far on any new
unix variant.

			Attila Kinali
                         -- Deed of Morred