[tlug] Ubuntu / EPIA / Media Player

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:

 > Big mistake.  Ubuntu is for people who can spare more money than
 > brains.

 > This is Ubuntu's way of telling you that it is aimed at the kind of
 > user who thinks that installing the Norton viruschecker for Linux is a
 > way to achieve perfect security.

Please note that neither of these is a criticism of the brains of
(all) Ubuntu users.  Warren Buffet (not to be confused with Jimmy
Buffet[1]) is the canonical example of a person who can spare more
money than brains.  And while the second comment is not particularly
nice, such people do exist (and indeed hold PhDs in computer science
and senior faculty positions at the "MIT of Japan"), and I think it's
fair to say that some amount of Ubuntu development effort is targeted
at levels of consciousness of the issues not much higher than that.

Toward-a-warm-and-fuzzy-with-no-loss-of-tech-content-TLUG-ly y'rs,

Steve

Footnotes:
[1]  I guess that dates me.