Re: [tlug] ZFS supremacy on Linux forthcoming?

Jedidiah Israel wrote:
> On 5/7/07, Edward Middleton <edward.middleton@example.com> wrote:
>
>> "In order to avoid a large amount of complexity it is only possible to
>> increase the size of a filesystem while it is mounted."
>
> I am speaking out of my hat. Does anyone foresee ZFS replacing EXT3 in
> Linux distributions within the next few years?

It was my understanding that ZFS combined a number of things into the
filesystem level that have been broken out in the Linux kernel, as such
it would not make a good fit for the current architecture, and even if
you could patch it in it would be unlikely to make its way to mainline
kernels.

Edward