Re: [tlug] Lunatic Lynch-mob of Linux Losers

On Sat, 5 May 2007, Jedidiah Israel wrote:

However, the guru is in a totally rotten mood--remember, he's a
horrible person. He takes offense and decides to leave the list. You
might be thinking, good riddance, and anyone who read the exchange can
tell that I'm a much better person than he is--he made himself look
bad.

WRONG!!! You just deprived the list of one of its best resources.

I'm not sure I'd agree with this. General niceness, in my opinion, tends to be grossly under-rated in many on-line groups, and lack of it does drive people underground or away. If the list becoming a nicer place attracts people to post because they will no longer get flamed to a crisp, it could well be that such a list will now be giving better technical information than it was before, even if there's no one person who is as much of an expert as the guy who left.

cjs