Re: [tlug] POST ON BEHALF OF ROGER MARKUS

On 03/05/07, Tribble Phillip J SrA 374 LRS/LGRTT
<Phillip.Tribble@example.com> wrote:

I tried to respond to your post regarding the good news that Dell will be offering
computers with Ubuntu Linux installed, but it was blocked by the TLUG moderator.
It's a strange thing about that list - any serious criticism of Microsoft is not allowed!
Even to the point of censoring the list and blocking messages!

As I replied to you when you levelled the same accusation at the <tlug-owner@example.com> address, your criticism of Microsoft--and by that I mean your posting, verbatim, an article that is paints Microsoft in a less-than-noble light--had nothing to do with the fact that your posting was "censored".

In fact, it was larger than 10K, so Mailman deferred it for the list
admin (in this case, me) to review. When I reviewed it, it was encoded
in some way (multipart MIME, perhaps?) that made it impossible to
read. Therefore, I rejected it so that you would receive a notice
ending with the text, "Any questions or comments should be directed to
the list administrator at: tlug-owner@example.com". This left you an
opening to inquire why your post was rejected, which you did not take,
but rather accused me of being bribed by Microsoft.

Really, do you think Microsoft gives a Good Goddamn about what is
posted to this list? If so, you may be mistaken.

-Josh