Re: [tlug] Re: Strange encoding problem in FireFox

On 02/05/07, Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:
I think you've nailed it. I went to WWWJDIC, used the customization
option to set the encoding to utf8, and the problem disappeared.

I don't know how I would have corrupted the font used for JIS.

How can I get it back? The only fonts I've ever knowingly installed on
my system are utf8, so I'm not sure what FireFox is using.

Dunno what comes with Ubuntu.

For Firefox, Edit/Preferences/Content/Fonts&Colors is the place to fiddle.
Kochi Gothic and Mincho are pretty common. Assumung you have both, try the
other. If they are all sick, I suspect the problem might be with Firefox
itself.

Jim

--
Jim Breen