[tlug] Weird sorting of japanese filenames

Tobias Diedrich writes:

 > I was wondering if someone here could explain to me why ls and sort
 > consider 'くじびきアンバランス' and 'ネギま!?' to be same 'same'
 > as far as sorting order is concerned?

They more or less seem to be ignoring the Japanese.  It's not
guaranteed, but you would expect that hiragana, katakana, and kanji
would each be sorted into separate blocks.  Nor is it related to
50-on-jun.

Try "LANG=ja_JP ls" and see if you get a saner result.