Re: [tlug] Re: An instructional target of opportunity?

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Shannon Jacobs wrote:

...but I certainly don't mean to imply that there are no female
experts. Actually I would even lament their scarcity, but that's
getting too far off topic.)

I would say that they're not scarce at all: look at the field of nursing for example.

Which reminds me, one of the best books I've ever read about developing
software (!) was Patricia Benner's _From Novice to Expert: Excellence
and Power in Clinical Nursing Practice_. I'd recommend that anybody who
manages software developers read this.

However, with a bit of practice, many experts can learn to display
their expertise for the camera in a way that requires little editing.

Someone with experience pair-programming would probably be fairly good at this.

cjs