Re: [tlug] Ubuntu versions

Good Morning,

I installed 7.04 about 10 Computers between work, friends, and myself. I
have not experienced any issues other than broken packages. Fiesty works
great!

.From: Dave M G <martin@example.com>
>Subject: Re: [tlug] Ubuntu versions
>To: Tokyo Linux Users Group <tlug@example.com>
>
>Brian,
>
>At this point I would recommend you stick to version 6.10 of Ubuntu.
>That's "Edgy Eft".
>>The latest version, 7.04 or "Feisty Fawn", which was released only a
week or so >ago, is having problems. On the Ubuntu forums there's a >lot
of grumbling about >>>broken features and bugs. There are those for whom
it works perfectly, and >>those who are getting caught out >>by problems
they didn't have in version 6.10.

>ButI would warn anyone from adopting Feisty at this stage.

>The latest problem I discovered is a bit of a doozy. On my girlfriend's
laptop, I upgraded it to Feisty. The next day she tells me the
>>>computer keeps shutting down. Sure enough, I run it for a few minutes
and it shuts down with a warning that the CPU has reached a "critical"
>temperature of 41 degrees Celsius. It kept doing this over and over
again. The fact that the bottom of the laptop didn't feel all that
>>>warm made me suspicious that it wasn't a hardware problem.
>
>Fortunately, the previous installation is still available for booting,
so I just booted her computer back into 6.10, and she's all good >again.

>(Almost lost a Linux convert there!)

>But, that shows you the level of problem in Feisty. Right now as I type
this I'm installing 6.10 onto a computer because I had Feisty >installed
earlier and just couldn't get the sound to work.

>So out of 3 computers that I had upgraded to Feisty, two I rolled back
to Edgy. Not an impressive score for Feisty.