Re: [tlug] "Long Live Portable OGG-Players"

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:12:33 +0900
"Ian Heafer" <spaceturnip@example.com> wrote:

> > > Anyone
> > > else using one?
> > I'm using a Cowon iAudio, with 1GB of storage. Reads OGG, MP3, WAV, and
> > other formats.
>
> I also have to recommend the iAudio players.  The newer ones can even
> play FLAC. The only disappointing part about my particular model is
> that you need windows to reflash/upgrade the firmware, but it's usable
> under Linux right out of the box.  I like to keep a copy of bashpodder
> on mine so I can grab new podcasts where ever I am.

I bought an Cowon IAudio X5 a few months back. Works great.
No problems sofar (if you disregard the endless loop it enters
when you give it a 0 byte sized mp3). Also reflashing is no
problem as it doesn't need any special utilities.

And for those a little bit more advanturous can try Rockbox
on it :-)

Although ipods make up here maybe a third or even half of
the market, there is still some competition. Just have a
look at the lokal mp3 player store www.k55.ch

If you ask why i bought an X5, it was the only non-ipod
with a 60GB drive :-)

			Attila Kinali
                         -- Deed of Morred