Re: [tlug] "Long Live Portable OGG-Players"

Lyle,
Anyone
else using one?
I'm using a Cowon iAudio, with 1GB of storage. Reads OGG, MP3, WAV, and other formats. At the time I bought it, there was a really sweet iRiver model, but it got discontinued right when I was in the market for it.

However, I can't complain. The Cowan has worked great for 1 year so far. As far as Linux connectivity, it can be viewed as a USB hard disk, or, as I do, managed within Amarok for podcasts, playlists, etc.

One thing I notice, which has a sort of relevance to your posting... in Ubuntu, the icon that automatically appears on the desktop for my player is shaped like an iPod Nano. Kind of shows the extend to how people's definition of what an MP3 player is has become merged with the concept of the iPod.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn