Re: [tlug] lfftw3f?

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:47:01 +0900, scott <scott@example.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to compile qtpfsgui-1.8.3 but keep getting this error:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfftw3f
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [qtpfsgui] Error 1
>
> I'm presuming that lfftw3f belongs to the fftw package, so to
> troubleshoot I've compiled fftw-3.1.2 from source an added the new
> version of fftw to the start of PATH, but still no luck... any hints?

Check the following:

1) that there is a libfftw3f.so in one of the paths mentioned in
your /etc/ld.so.conf file. If not, `find` that library, add the path
where it is to /etc/ld.so.conf.

2) that you ran (as root) /sbin/ldconf after installing the library or
making the change in step 1).

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

All parts should go together without forcing.  You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.  Therefore, if
you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.  By all
means, do not use a hammer.
                -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925