Re: [tlug] Why the shirts? Why TLUG?

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Zev Blut wrote:

As others have said and as I say before every auction, the money is a
safety net for TLUG.  Currently, people are kind enough to let us use
their meeting rooms and data centers for free, but the day may come
where we have to pay or our server breaks.

It seems likely to me that, if you reach that point, the group is either significantly changed from what it is now (a fair number of people with a technical background and working in technical positions) or dead. I've personally never had an issue finding free hosting of any kind since about 1995.

If you need hosting, talk to me.

We also must pay for our tlug.jp domain.

That's true enough, and it's not cheap.

cjs