Re: [tlug] audio editing and streaming

How about streaming over the web?  Does anybody have experience with
audiocasting?  Is there a ToC feature making it possible for 'cast
users to just grab the parts they want?

If this is content you'd like to share with your Japanese students then perhaps the Ties Community System (http://www.tiesnet.jp/) might have a solution that covers all your needs.

I don't have a lot of technical details on it but last time I checked they were covering 49 universities throughout Japan (278 teachers, 16.000 students, 10.000+ content/video lectures) and their system includes video conversion options as well as a live streaming service for real-time seminars.

Not sure what the requirements are to join the network but my understanding is that part of the lectures are open to the general public.

Peter