Re: [tlug] array duplicate check [C]

Hello,

I would say that if the arrays are random, your *worst case* will be
always M*N.

What I see as one possibility is to find out more about the nature of
integers in those arrays and exploit that knowledge.

Although I do not have the algorithm at hand, I would expect that there
will be one available which can do much better [1] than M*N in *most cases*,
(i.e. statistically), but still sometimes perform as bad as M*N.

HTH.

Best regards
Michal

[1] especially with sufficiently large M, N.