[tlug] OT:dual core CPUs

The future is multi-core, and I'd like to do some experiments with
threading so see how some (CPU-intensive) code performs on dual or quad
core CPUs. But I don't have one. As fast as possible would be nice, with
good L2 cache, but I don't have much budget. Any advice on where the
best price/performance point is currently? Could I expect to get a
dual-core (1GB memory, 80G HD, on-board video, etc.) machine for under
50,000 yen? How much budget do I need if I want 2-CPU dual-core?

I found this article saying there will be some fairly big price cuts
after April 22nd, and I can wait at least that long:
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel/showdoc.aspx?i=2963&p=2

Darren

--
Darren Cook