Re: [tlug] more Mac fun

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 08:12:55AM +0200, Niels Kobschtzki wrote:
> On Apr 14, 2007, at 6:54 AM, Scott Robbins wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >In contrast, when following Apple's suggestion of completely draining
> >the battery once a month, I've left it running on battery overnight and
> >in the morning, it's still showing a charge.  Practically speaking, it
> >can go 4 hours or so, even under reasonable use.  (Although I've never
> >tried playing DVDs while it's running under battery.)
>
> I'll do that from time to time (iBook G4): After watching 1 movie from DVD, you
> have enough battery left to watch one stored on the harddisk ;)

Yup, they do make good batteries.  Of course, after I posted, the
aircard went down again. It's off to the Mac store today--they're quite
good there, and they do estimates for free, so I'm going to ask them to
make sure, if possible, that it's the card that's dodgy, and not the
logicboard.

However, those batteries....

Apple recommends doing that (completely discharging the battery) about
once a month.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: Will, wait. I'm really sorry.
 Willow: Buff, I'm storming off. It doesn't really work if you come
 with me.